We are currently inviting applications for an Administrative Assistant at our head office in Saskatoon. Administrative Assistants are fully responsible for the administration and office support of STF programs and services. They have specific administrative responsibilities for an activity or activities within a work unit and work under minimal supervision. Specific portfolios will be identified and assigned by the Supervisor, Administrative Services. The portfolios may change from time to time depending on the overall needs and requirements of the work unit and the Federation.
- Facilitate administrative details and provide highly responsible administrative support to senior staff.
- Assume full responsibility for administrative support and assistance to the work unit by carrying out a wide range of activities such as drafting reports, contracts, decision items, and other documentation for review by work unit leader.
- Support strategic and/or operational committees as assigned; coordinate meeting dates, book meeting rooms, prepare documentation, organize refreshments and meals and attend meetings to record, format and distribute notes.
- Compile and analyze information for reports or presentations. Prepare PowerPoint presentations, charts, graphs or tables as required.
- Provide support to the annual budgeting process, including data entry and tracking expenses.
- Review/code all invoices and bring any items of concern or question to the attention of the work unit leader.
- Respond to general inquiries through written correspondence, emails or by phone.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, drafts, meeting documentation, reports and publications as required and forward to appropriate individual for approval and signature, ensuring they are consistently well organized, proofread for accuracy and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Create and maintain work unit procedural manuals.
- Provide general clerical assistance and coverage related to the work of the unit as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time to support the work of the Federation.
- Coordinate logistics for Federation events as assigned including scheduling, booking facilities and meals, gathering required workshop materials and other tasks as required.
- Correspond with facilitators to confirm their attendance and requirements and provide information on expenses,
- Coordinate the production, design and distribution of supporting documentation, promotional materials and web updates with design/production unit as required.
- Collect and collate event evaluation data and draw conclusions, advise and instigate changes based on the information received.
Typically, the knowledge and skills for this position are acquired by the completion of a one-year business course combined with 2-3 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience. Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Ability to learn new system programs quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated high work standards related to accuracy, completeness and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated initiative and capability to meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Superior interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to apply effective office practices and procedures.
- Superior ability to meet and deal effectively with teacher members and the general public either in person or by telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize own work and produce effective results.
- Demonstrated initiative in undertaking assignments and completing work.
- Demonstrated client service skills.
- High work standards.
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary range is $48,588 to 60,720. The Federation offers a 35-hour work week plus a full range of benefits, including extended health care; retirement plan, group life insurance; generous vacation package; sick leave; and paid leave to deal with family, health and sickness and compassionate situations.
As a registered employment equity employer, the Federation encourages applications from members of the following equity groups: Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF or WORD file. The deadline for applications is 4 p.m., May 27, 2022.