The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst to create high-quality documentation of business requirements and development activities within the suite of Corporate Fund Services software applications through implementation and production delivery, while ensuring alignment with the strategic objectives of the STF.
This position will also perform advanced, specialized work of a professional nature, utilizing skills that require technical expertise and an understanding of complex analytical procedures and systems processes, including network operating systems, the development of complex solutions; network infrastructure; database management; and project management.
- Act as a key liaison and strategic advisor between Corporate Fund Services and the IT team translating complex requirements into solutions and transitioning requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensive to developers and/or other project team members.
- Oversee the application and software upgrades for Corporate Fund Services, including testing and troubleshooting.
- Conduct interviews and perform product analysis to gather business and stakeholder requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, process modelling, storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and various other techniques.
- Analyze, verify and validate requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Create process models, technical specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or other project team members.
- Provide reports as required by assembling and summarizing the data; preparing the reports; and making presentations of the findings and analyses.
- Recommend priorities based on business need and organizational goals.
- Develop and implement test and quality assurance plans and participate in quality inspections.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Analyze the current state of processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Define and provide recommendation for future processes and procedures.
- Perform gap analysis and document issues and potential solutions.
- Develop strategies for change which includes building a business case.
- Working collaboratively or solely to develop technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Serve as a technical lead or resource within application projects.
- Support a large number of internal and public facing business applications in a highly complex environment.
- Develop and maintain software solutions to meet the needs of Corporate Fund Services.
- Responsible for rigorous quality and assurance testing of all Corporate Fund Services software applications.
- Provide knowledge transfer of application design and support to team members through proper documentation.
- Oversee internal stakeholder engagement and communication for assigned projects including identifying project role requirements and ensuring correct resources are assigned.
- Assist in the definition and management of IT project documentation and how information will be captured, stored and used.
- Facilitate and plan project meetings.
- Complete and communicate status reports to all stakeholders.
- Communicate very complicated situations and problems in easy to understand language.
- Regularly meet with stakeholders to support, troubleshoot, and communicate technical solutions to meet business requirements for the project.
- Provide appropriate stakeholder training as required.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for all IT systems.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed about major concerns or problems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and application of people services and other organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Federation’s vision, mission and values.
- Participate in organizational development and professional growth activities as directed and/or required.
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time.
The successful applicant will have an undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, business or related field, supplemented by five or more years of experience in a relevant role within the information technology industry. The incumbent will have demonstrated knowledge of systems analysis methodologies and best practices with strong knowledge of the system development lifecycle, technique and tools. English language proficiency with excellent written and verbal communication skills is a definite requirement, along with a proven ability to build relationships and engage with stakeholders from across the organization. Experience with multiple business analysis and project management techniques and tools with demonstrated flexibility and understanding on when to apply them. Knowledge of pension and/or benefit programs would be an asset.
Completion of the following certifications is required:
- Certification(s) relating to Business Analysis, such as CBAP or equivalent.
- Certification(s) relating to or experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Other skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of motivation.
- Skilled at anticipating, assessing and responding effectively to the needs and expectations of clients.
- Knowledge and experience in administering Oracle databases, SQL Server databases and Oracle WebLogic Server/Application Server.
- Proficient in Java or similar object-oriented programming languages and SQL coding with SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Knowledge and experience with application development in Oracle ADF/Forms/Reports.
- Knowledge and experience with the creation and execution of software test and quality assurance plans.
- Strong overall technical skills in a Windows-based environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, or in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop, maintain and build positive relationships with partners while demonstrating tact and diplomacy to impact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines and ensure quality and efficiency while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $78,552 - $98,148. The Federation offers a 35-hour work week plus a full range of benefits, including extended health care; retirement plan; group life insurance; generous vacation package; sick leave; long-term disability and paid leave to deal with family, health and sickness and compassionate situations.
As a registered employment equity employer, the Federation encourages applications from members of the following equity groups: people of Aboriginal ancestry, people with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF or WORD file. The deadline for applications is midnight, May 31, 2020.