We are looking to hire a Communications Officer to join a high-performing, engaged communications team that delivers innovative projects with exceptional results.
Who We Are
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation is the professional organization of over 13,500 teachers employed in PreK-12 schools in Saskatchewan. The Federation offers a broad program of services and supports within six strategic priorities, including teaching and learning; public, member and stakeholder relations; teacher success; teacher well-being; operations; and governance.
What is the Role
The Communications Officer is responsible for creating and implementing communications strategies and marketing plans, with a primary focus on the Federation’s digital presence. You will be planning, developing and writing engaging and platform-specific content to promote brand, activities and projects. Some occasional travel throughout the province may also be required in this role.
What You Will Do
- Create strategic communications plans to support the work of the Federation and enhance member communication.
- Write, edit and distribute content, including digital communications, publications, promotional content, website content, presentations and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s programs, services and initiatives.
- Manage the Federation’s social media accounts in alignment with the social media and digital strategy, including:
- scheduling, creating and monitoring posts;
- interacting with other accounts;
- growing and managing the Federation’s online presence.
- Provide analysis and direction on social media strategy in order to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Working with colleagues to proactively identify opportunities for engaging content that aligns with the social media strategy.
- Provide monthly reports on social media activities.
- Remain up to date on current digital trends and communications best practices for effective communication with members, the public and education partners.
- Ensure all content is relevant and consistent in terms of style, brand compliance, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels.
- Maintain awareness of news, events and current high-profile activities.
- Contribute to the digital planning, promotion and execution of a broad range of communication projects and tactics.
- Create engaging content to support social media engagement and presence.
- Collaborate with Federation staff to meet the needs of the membership and advocate for public education in Saskatchewan.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the Federation’s brand and reputation.
- Perform other duties supporting the Communications unit in the delivery of projects and activities where appropriate in relation to the fulfillment of the Federation’s marketing and communication efforts.
What You Will Bring
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or public relations plus 2-3 years of relevant experience and evidence of social media and digital strategic planning and implementation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional certificates or training in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook ads or other digital and social media training would be nice to have.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, digital advertising and analytics, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media and online communication tools.
- Knowledge of communications strategy and implementation.
- Strong professional, creative and concise writing skills.
- Ability to write in a concise and engaging manner, tailored to the specific platform and audience.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and public relations skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Ability to properly assess and address possible risk to the organization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with Federation staff.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with education partners and government officials.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks appropriately.
What You Can Expect
We offer a salary range of $66,996-$83,700, a 35-hour work week plus a full range of benefits, including extended health care; retirement plan; group life insurance; generous vacation package; sick leave; long-term disability and paid leave to deal with family, health and sickness and compassionate situations.
How to Apply
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF or WORD file. The deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., May 26, 2022.