The Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation is inviting applications for an IT Security Analyst at our head office in Saskatoon. Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the protection of information, assets and reputation of the Federation. This is a great opportunity for you to grow and develop this newly created position.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security framework, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with security standards and regulatory requirements.
- Plan, implement, measure, and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Maintain data and monitor security access.
- Design, coordinate, implement, maintain and/or participate in security, control, threat, vulnerability assessments or audits and lead remediation efforts for identified risks or gaps.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Analyze security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Proposes, coordinates, and participates in the development and execution of security awareness training materials and events.
- Coordinate security plans with external vendors.
- Prepare and present regular and quarterly reports.
- Provide support to the organization regarding business continuity plans around risk mitigation and management at times of business disruptions.
- Perform duties of a confidential and sensitive nature regarding the threat of risk within the organization and as required, be available during disruptions.
- Work with program areas and partners to shape organizational control policy and standards and manage compliance with regulations related to information security.
- Inform and assist with operational planning.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Serve as project manager/lead within security projects.
- Regularly meet with stakeholders to support, troubleshoot, and communicate technical solutions to meet business requirements of the project.
- Provide appropriate stakeholder training as required.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for all IT systems.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed about major concerns or problems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and application of people services and other organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Federation’s vision, mission and values.
- Participate in organizational development and professional growth activities as directed and/or required.
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time.
The successful applicant will have an undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, business or closely related field, supplemented by eight or more years of experience in a relevant role within the information technology industry with a proven ability to engage with senior management and regulators. The incumbent will also have five years of direct security experience including conducting security/control/threat/vulnerability assessments. Completion of one or more of the following Information Security Management professional designations is required:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Other information security credentials
Other skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- English language proficiency with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with IPS/IDS systems, SIEM tools, and network scanners.
- Endpoint protection technologies and techniques.
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) solutions preferred.
- Experience with ISO or NIST frameworks.
- Experience with network penetration testing tools and techniques.
- Strong overall technical skills in a Windows-based environment, including workstation and server administration experience.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative work skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, or in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with programming concepts.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and complete projects within budget.
Salary and Benefits
The Federation offers a competitive salary and a full-range of benefits, including health benefits; group life insurance; retirement plan; long-term disability; generous vacation package; sick leave; and paid leave for staff members to support work-life balance.
If your experience, skills and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please note that the deadline for applications is 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 26, 2019.