Do you have pension administration experience or looking for a career in the pension industry? Are you looking to join an organization where you can develop professionally? Opportunities are endless when you take the initiative to learn and grow in your career with our pension plan.
Who We Are
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Retirement Plan provides pension benefits to Saskatchewan teachers working in the province’s publicly funded education system. We support over 28,000 members and have grown to just under $7B in assets. We have a team of 15 pension professionals that form part of a larger organization, the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation, which has a staff of over 150.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Gain knowledge and experience working with one of Saskatchewan’s largest target benefit pension plans, providing you with an opportunity to learn and develop specialized skills in the pension industry.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of teachers.
- High-performance, people-focused culture.
- Inclusivity and diversity that is valued by honouring personal attributes, culture, characteristics, professional and academic backgrounds, worldviews, opinions and perspectives.
- Learning and development initiatives, including financial support to attain your Pension Plan Administration Certificate and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Competitive salary, and 100% organization-paid extended health and dental benefits.
- Defined-contribution pension plan for employees, with a generous employer contribution rate of 9% of earnings.
- Generous paid time-off benefits, including minimum vacation of 20 days per fiscal year.
What You Will Do
- Perform pension calculations for members exiting and retiring from the plan.
- Respond to pension members’ inquiries in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Process monthly pension payments to retired members.
- Extract pension data to prepare annual member pension statements.
- Complete legislated reports, tax remittances, PA’s, PSPA’s & PAR’s and ensures required filings deadlines are met.
- Review, reconcile and process monthly member contributions.
- Reconcile quarterly accounting reports.
- Update pension documentation to members and remitting employers.
What You Will Bring
- An undergraduate degree in the area of business administration, economics or mathematics, combined with 2-3 years of related experience.
- A Pension Plan Administration Certificate or equivalent is preferred. An incumbent without this designation will be required to enroll and continuously progress through the program to successful completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with members, employees at all organizational levels and with officials of other organizations.
- Computer proficiency with high level of competence in Microsoft Office applications; and ability to learn customized software systems.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in arithmetic and mathematics.
- Knowledge of office administration practices.
- Ability to apply legislated principles, theories and rules to pension calculations.
What You Can Expect
We offer an annual salary range of $54,624 - $68,292, a 35-hour work week plus a full range of benefits, including free parking; extended health and dental care; retirement plan; group life insurance; generous vacation package; sick leave; long-term disability; paid leave to deal with family, and health and sickness and compassionate situations.
How to Apply
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF or WORD file. The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, November 13, 2022.