The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation is seeking a new Senior Communications Officer at our head office in Saskatoon. This position will be responsible for the delivery of creative and tactical planning, implementation and project management of integrated marketing and communications plans, initiatives and projects to support the Communications unit.
- Develop, implement and evaluate integrated marketing and communications plans for a broad range of programs, initiatives and projects.
- Assist in organizing and executing campaigns in support of member, stakeholder and public relations activities.
- Write content for publications, advertisements, newsletters, scripts, websites, social media and any other distribution channels.
- Manage web content and web platforms, using analytics and reporting to inform content strategy.
- Support special projects and contribute to the planning, promotion and execution of events that contribute to positive community engagement.
- Develop a variety of internal communications, including employee updates and leadership.
- Work with the design team to create materials that are aligned with the Federation’s brand, including promotional materials, publications and advertisements.
- Prepare proposals and manage approved vendor relationships.
- Remain current on communications best practices and digital trends for effective communications with members, the public and education stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Federation’s vision, mission and values, as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Participate in organizational development and professional growth opportunities as directed and/or required.
- Perform other duties as requested to support the Communications unit in the delivery of projects and activities in relation to the fulfillment of the Federation’s marketing and communication efforts.
An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field, and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible communications and marketing experience. Credentials and professional designations through IABC or CPRS as well as knowledge of a content management system (Drupal) and website best practices would be considered assets.
Skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Thorough understanding and application of communications principles and strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement integrated communications plans.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and organizational skills, including the effective planning and management of multiple projects.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understanding of social media and online communication tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Salary and Benefits
The Federation offers a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits, including a health care spending account; retirement plan; group life insurance; generous vacation package; sick leave; long-term disability and paid leave to deal with family, health and sickness and compassionate situations.
As a registered employment equity employer, the Federation encourages applications from members of the following equity groups: people of Aboriginal ancestry, people with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please note that the deadline for applications is 4 p.m. on January 20, 2019.