The Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation invites applications for the position of Senior IT Analyst at our head office in Saskatoon. Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, this position will work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders throughout the organization to develop technical solutions to meet the business requirements. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the soundness and integrity of the business applications and environments.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Analyst, program areas, and partners to develop technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Serve as project manager/lead within applications projects.
- Support internal- and public-facing business applications across the organization.
- Inform and assist with the design and assessment of infrastructure strategies to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Inform and assist with security measures to protect the information, assets, and reputation of the Federation.
- Inform and assist with operational planning.
- Plan, coordinate, install, upgrade, migrate, and maintain all databases and application servers.
- Ensure daily backups of database and all other highly critical data to the STF are taken and tested on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain software solutions to meet the needs of the Federation.
- Responsible for rigorous quality and assurance testing of all software applications.
- Provide staff with proper training to effectively work with all software applications.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and software
- Provide knowledge transfer of application design and support to team members through proper documentation.
- Supervise staff to ensure high levels of motivation and productivity.
- Regularly meet with stakeholders to support, troubleshoot, and communicate technical solutions to meet business requirements for the project.
- Provide appropriate stakeholder training as required.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for all IT systems.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed about major concerns or problems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and application of people services and other organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Federation’s vision, mission and values.
- Participate in organizational development and professional growth activities as directed and/or required.
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time.
The successful applicant will have an undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems or closely related field; plus 5-7 years of experience implementing, maintaining and supporting relational database applications with a proven ability to build relationships and engage with stakeholders from across the organization. English language proficiency with excellent written and verbal communication skills is a definite requirement. Supervisory experience is an asset. Other skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Knowledge and experience in administering Oracle databases, SQL Server databases, and Oracle WebLogic Server/Application Server.
- Proficient in Java or similar object-oriented programming languages and SQL coding with SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Knowledge and experience with application development in Oracle ADF/Forms/Reports.
- Strong overall technical skills in a Windows-based environment.
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) solutions is preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing services or solutions is preferred.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Skilled at anticipating, assessing, and responding effectively to the needs and expectations of clients.
- Proven ability to work independently, or in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop, maintain and build positive relationships with partners while demonstrating tact and diplomacy to impact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines and ensure quality and efficiency while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Salary and Benefits
The Federation offers a competitive salary and a full-range of benefits, including health benefits; group life insurance; retirement plan; long-term disability; generous vacation package; sick leave; and paid leave for staff members to support work-life balance.
If your experience, skills and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Please note that the deadline for applications is 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 26, 2019.