The STF has a job opportunity for a web developer in our Design and Production area. The web developer will play a key role in the ongoing planning, design, development and maintenance of the STF website, affiliate websites and other organizational online projects. This is a temporary position for approximately 8 months beginning in February, 2019.
- Collaborates with the Communications unit to ensure the purpose, functions, requirements and long-term strategy for online projects are met.
- Collaboratively develops and updates web pages within a content management system, conducts day-to-day maintenance of the websites and attends meetings with vendors as required.
- Understands and manages website structure, functionality and navigation to ensure ease of use and readability.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on websites according to organizational guidelines, policies and procedures, and style guides.
- Maintains the core site design by creating, managing and publishing visually dynamic design elements as required.
- Assists with setting up social media applications and postings to social media channels as required.
- Together with the design team, aligns the look and feel of the online experience with that of the public relations campaigns and print materials to present a seamless experience across all channels.
- Understands and applies experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Communicates with external stakeholders as appropriate to plan and set up WordPress sites, including training of applicable webmasters.
- Assists with the management of all devices in the test lab.
- Stays current with emerging technologies and leading edge development that may enhance the web experience.
Skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Knowledge and application of effective principles of web development and design.
- Strong sense of graphic design principles.
- Excellent creative and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail, layout, usability and typography.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Salary and Benefits
The Federation offers a competitive salary plus a full range of pro-rated benefits, including a health care spending account; group insurance; long-term disability; and paid leave for staff members to deal with family, health and sickness, and compassionate situations.
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the “Apply Now” button below. Selected applicants will be requested to submit a portfolio. Please note that the deadlines for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.