The Federation offers many opportunities to get involved. Whether you are interested in joining a committee or administrative board, contributing to curriculum development, or applying to facilitate, we would love to work with you.
Thanks to the volunteers who served on Federation committees and boards in 2017-18. We acknowledge and appreciate the time and effort you put forward. Without the support of our volunteers, we could not be as successful as we are today.
Depending on your area of interest there is a committee or administrative board for you. From providing input into teacher education programs and practicum to playing a vital role in the management of a benefit plan, each position is specialized and is an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
Each appointment has specific duties and responsibilities, and the time commitment and meeting frequency will vary depending on the position. Location is not an issue as teachers are invited from across the province to apply for current openings. Check out the current openings below and join us to learn more about the issues that matter to Saskatchewan teachers and make an important contribution to your profession.
No opportunities available at this time.
The Federation aims to engage as many members as possible in organizational operations. Preference will be given to those who do not currently hold other positions in office, committees or boards; however, members may apply for as many openings as desired.
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation participates in international programs as they benefit all teachers and students through the sharing of professional knowledge, skills and experiences. In our partnership with the All India Primary Teachers’ Federation and the Canadian Teachers’ Federation, we continue to develop a professional development program for the primary teachers of India.
To fulfil the goals of the program, we are seeking STF members who have:
- Demonstrated experience and success in working within diverse cultural contexts with consideration for gender, language, socio-economic status and religion.
- An understanding of and practical experience with the principles of successful professional development for teachers including:
- Elementary level teaching experience in science and/or social studies is required.
- Experience in English as an Additional Language is an asset.
- A broad range of instructional strategies and approaches and knowledge of assessment and evaluation.
Selected participants must provide evidence of facilitation of adult learning, personal and professional flexibility, peer coaching or learning-focused conversations, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Participants must be able to commit to the following:
- Obtaining permission from the school division to be released from teaching duties for approximately three weeks between August and December 21, 2018.
- Attendance at (or previous completion of) the SPDU Facilitator Series, July 4-6, 2018.
- Extensive resource development.
- Travel to India for approximately two weeks between October and December 21, 2018.
Participants will have no loss of benefit during this period of board-approved leave.
Deadline for applications is Friday, June 22. Interviews will be held June 28 to 29.
To apply, please complete the online application form and attach your cover letter and resumé.
Exploring the Many Pathways to Learning is a resources evaluation project that engages teachers in the evaluation of learning resources for use in Saskatchewan classrooms. Your participation in this project will support teacher colleagues across the province by providing recommendations of resources in real and virtual formats, vetted by teachers, to support Saskatchewan’s diverse learners.
Members are required to evaluate resources for renewed curricula. All terms are for one year upon appointment with the potential for renewal of an additional term. Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with their employer. Read more on the curricular areas included, the qualifications required of evaluators and the process for application.