One accredited teacher required – Three-year term, renewable
One accreditation facilitator from the Provincial Facilitator Community required – Three-year term, renewable
Members of the Accreditation Advisory Committee ensure the delivery of an effective, current and relevant professional development program for Saskatchewan teachers participating in the accreditation seminars.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee is as follows:
- Ensure the continual review and development of the accreditation seminars are in alignment with current research and design principles, as well as the policies and procedures of the Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation and the Ministry of Education.
- Bring the perspectives of the Federation, Ministry, League of Educational Administrators, Directors and Superintendents of Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan School Boards Association to the development and delivery of the accreditation seminars.
- Advise the Federation on program and content development for participant and facilitator resources and supports.
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of teachers throughout Saskatchewan in meeting requirements for accreditation and for purposes of renewal.
The Committee has two meetings per year (fall and winter) and is comprised of representatives from the Ministry of Education, Saskatchewan School Boards Association, League of Educational Administrators, Directors and Superintendents of Saskatchewan, and staff from the Federation and the Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit (including the Provincial Facilitator Community).
In addition to achieving fair representation as per STF policy, teachers will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Familiarity with current seminar content and format.
- Flexibility to new content and processes.
- Leadership and mentorship skills.
Deadline for application: May 10, 2019
Scott Burant, Managing Director, Member Services
Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation
As referenced in Clause 12.3.2 of the 2017-2019 Provincial Collective Bargaining Agreement, a teacher acting as an elected or appointed member of a committee of the Federation who attends a meeting called by the Federation, shall be granted leave and shall suffer no loss of salary and benefits during the course of an academic year for any days required to fulfil the duties of that office.
The Federation aims to engage as many members as possible in organizational operations. Preference will be given to those who do not currently hold other positions in office, committees or boards; however, members may apply for as many openings as desired.