Multiple members required – Open term ending date
The Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit invites Federation members to support the development and the promotion of the annual IT Summit conference. The conference supports a broad range of educators and information technology support staff in highlighting exemplary practices for teaching with technology and supporting student learning.
- Providing recommendations regarding keynote, featured presenters and local facilitators.
- Communicating the goals of the conference to a larger audience to create interest and support.
- Advocating for the IT Summit.
- Participating in any roles related to the actual conference execution.
The Committee meets three times a year (using virtual methods).
In addition to achieving fair representation, as per Federation policy, Committee members will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Foundational knowledge and experience with best practices as they are relate to supporting student learning with technology.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming trends in technology as they relate to Saskatchewan.
- Participation in professional learning networks (local or otherwise).
This is an opportunity to network with colleagues from across the province and committee members will receive complimentary registration for the IT Summit.
Deadline for application: May 10, 2019
Scott Burant, Managing Director, Member Services
Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation
As referenced in Clause 12.3.2 of the 2017-2019 Provincial Collective Bargaining Agreement, a teacher acting as an elected or appointed member of a committee of the Federation who attends a meeting called by the Federation, shall be granted leave and shall suffer no loss of salary and benefits during the course of an academic year for any days required to fulfil the duties of that office.
The Federation aims to engage as many members as possible in organizational operations. Preference will be given to those who do not currently hold other positions in office, committees or boards; however, members may apply for as many openings as desired.