One principal required - Three year term, renewable
One vice-principal required - Three-year term, renewable
Members of the Principal and Vice-Principal Advisory Committee provide advice to Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation Executive and administration regarding the provision of direct supports for principals and vice-principals to address the challenges of balancing management and instructional leadership roles.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee are as follows:
- Further the objectives of the Federation in relation to principals and vice-principals.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding the principalship through STF publications and academic journals.
- Contemplate and make recommendations regarding structures and supports (codes, standards, etc.) within the Federation that acknowledge the unique work of principals and vice-principals.
- Support the professional growth of principals and vice-principals in partnership with the Saskatchewan School Based Leaders Professional Growth Network and the Instructional Leadership Facilitator Community.
- Provide the perspectives of principals and vice-principals to inform collective bargaining processes, Council and other Federation activities.
- Report to the STF Executive annually, and as circumstances require, on the work of the Committee.
The Committee meets four times a year and is comprised of representatives from:
- Saskatchewan School Based Leaders Professional Growth Network
- League of Educational Administrators, Directors and Superintendents of Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation Professional Learning’s Provincial Facilitator Community
- Federation Executive and staff
In addition to achieving fair representation, as per Federation policy, principals and vice-principals will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Minimum two years’ experience as either a principal or a vice-principal.
- Awareness of current challenges facing principals and vice-principals as members of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation.
- Leadership and mentorship skills.
This is an opportunity for principals and vice-principals to provide input to supports, resources and services available to principal and vice-principal members of the Federation.
Deadline for application: May 3, 2021
To apply, complete the online application form and attach a letter of intent which includes any relevant experiences related to the above. Please send questions to:
Managing Director, Member Services
Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation
As referenced in Clause 12.3.2 of the 2019-2023 Provincial Collective Bargaining Agreement, a teacher acting as an elected or appointed member of a committee of the Federation who attends a meeting called by the Federation, shall be granted leave and shall suffer no loss of salary and benefits during the course of an academic year for any days required to fulfil the duties of that office.
The Federation aims to engage as many members as possible in organizational operations. Preference will be given to those who do not currently hold other positions in office, committees or boards; however, members may apply for as many openings as desired.