Six members required (including a chairperson) – One-year term, renewable
The Federation is requesting expressions of interest from councillors who would like to serve on the Resolutions Committee. The Committee serves as a significant support to the governance of the Federation by examining each resolution and notice of motion that is submitted for consideration.
This Committee meets two to three times a year (initially in February) and consists of councillors and is supported by Federation staff. Potential candidates must be councillors of the Federation (elected by their local associations). Experience as a member of the Resolutions Committee will be considered an asset but is not required.
Terms of Reference:
- To receive, edit and accept or reject resolutions moved by members in accordance with Federation bylaws and policies approved by Council and resolutions procedures developed by Federation administration.
- To treat as confidential, the deliberations of the Resolutions Committee regarding the adjudication of resolutions.
- To carry out other responsibilities as requested by the Executive.
- To move, through the Resolutions Committee chairperson, en bloc and courtesy resolutions.
- To be available during meetings of Council to receive late resolutions and determine the status of these resolutions in accordance with resolutions procedures.
- To receive a report from administration outlining changes to background material of resolutions.
Deadline for application: May 3, 2021
To apply, complete the online application form. Please forward questions to:
Scott Burant, Managing Director, Member Services
Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation
As referenced in Clause 12.3.2 of the 2019-2023 Provincial Collective Bargaining Agreement, a teacher acting as an elected or appointed member of a committee of the Federation who attends a meeting called by the Federation, shall be granted leave and shall suffer no loss of salary and benefits during the course of an academic year for any days required to fulfil the duties of that office.
The Federation aims to engage as many members as possible in organizational operations. Preference will be given to those who do not currently hold other positions in office, committees or boards; however, members may apply for as many openings as desired.