Members’ Health Plan
The Members’ Health Plan provides teachers and their families with comprehensive coverage for eligible prescription drugs, vision-care expenses, extended health expenses and emergency medical expenses while travelling outside of Canada. Coverage is available for the duration of a teacher’s continuing, replacement or temporary contract.
The Members’ Health Plan is administered by the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation. Funding for this Plan is provided to the Federation by the Government of Saskatchewan, based on a fixed percentage of teachers’ payroll and investment income. Members do not pay any premiums to the Plan.
Some exciting new online services have been added to the For Members section of the website that allows members to access and manage their personal health plan information any time, day or night.
Visit For Members > My STF Benefit Plans > Members’ Health Plan to:
- Print personalized claim forms with your name, address and member ID number already filled-in.
- Change spouse and dependant information (for health plan only).*
- Change co-ordination of benefits information (for health plan only).*
Other online services are available through Great-West Life GroupNet. You can submit most extended health and prescription drug claims online, sign up for direct deposit and access your personal claims history and explanation of benefits.
* To change your spouse or dependant information for the dental plan, you must complete the Teachers’ Dental Plan Change of Information form available on the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Superannuation Commission website.
For general inquiries, including information about eligibility, benefit limitations, and commencement and termination of coverage, please contact the Members’ Health Plan.
If you have specific questions about a claim you have already submitted:
- For vision claims – contact the Members’ Health Plan.
- For all other health claims – contact Great-West Life at 1-800-957-9777.
When making an inquiry, please be ready to provide your member ID number and, when contacting Great-West Life, the Plan number (51585).