Unit Writing Checklist
We invite teachers to submit new unit plans that can be shared with other teachers. A letter claiming authorship and granting permission to place the item on our website must accompany contributions.
Unit Submission Guidelines
Please include the following information in each unit submitted:
- Topic/unit title.
- Enduring understandings and essential questions.
- Outcomes and indicators from the appropriate curriculum.
- Assessment and evaluation that align with curricula and instruction.
- Variety of instructional strategies.
- Options for adaptations.
- Clear alignment between all elements of the curriculum and curriculum philosophy.
- Inclusion of First Nations and Métis content or perspectives.
- All details included so that any teacher can use it.
- Copyright regulations must be followed.
Feedback will be provided for the units that are accepted. STF Professional Learning agrees to format the document and provide appropriate graphics.
STFPL will acknowledge you as the writer/developer on the cover of the unit plan. Copyright for the document will be retained by the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation.
Email submissions to STF Professional Learning. Microsoft Word format is preferred.