Accreditation Initial Seminar
Accreditation seminars are offered to enable qualified teachers to become accredited. Accreditation is the process by which qualified teachers are granted the responsibility of determining the final mark or standing of the students in a specified Grade 12 (level 30) subject or subjects.
The Accreditation seminar provides an opportunity for teachers to challenge, extend, enhance and renew their professional experience with an emphasis on assessment and evaluation. Participation in this seminar results in partial fulfilment of the requirements for accreditation in accordance with the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation (Initial and Renewal): Policies and Procedures (2017).
The full requirements for accreditation can be found in the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation (Initial and Renewal): Policies and Procedures (2017) available at www.publications.gov.sk.ca.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Broad Areas of Learning, Cross-Curricular Competencies, K-12 Aims and Goals and the ways in which these are realized through Outcomes and Indicators.
- Participate in a variety of instructional strategies that can be utilized in inquiry classrooms.
- Collaborate with colleagues in disciplinary and cross-disciplinary groupings in order to support student learning and assessment.
Audience: Grade 12 educators who teach mathematics, English language arts, biology, chemistry or physics
2317 Arlington Ave
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
VISA, MasterCard accepted online. Payment must accompany registration.
- Registration fees are fully refundable, except for any fixed costs incurred (i.e., meals, materials).
- Any refunds requested after the deadline must be received in writing or faxed to Member Services.
- All refunds for payments made by credit card are issued by the Federation in the form of a cheque that is mailed approximately 10 business days following the cancellation. The Federation is not responsible for any credit card transaction fees. Refunds are issued to the registrant or the organization that paid the registration fee.