Adapting and Connecting in Play-Based Programs: Enriching Play Through Our New Realities
Please join us for a blended learning opportunity to explore developmentally appropriate practice in play-based settings and the many ways we may adapt our environments to connect children and families more deeply with their learning during play, through this COVID-19 pandemic.
The session format will be a blend of two virtual Zoom sessions and asynchronous online content and discussion groups through the Canvas platform.
Participants will have opportunities to engage in professional discussion and research based content to explore and expand understanding of DAP and principles of documentation as means of connecting early learners and families to the learning in play-based experiences, both in and out of the classroom.
- Explore developmentally appropriate practice in play-based settings and the environment as the third teacher to help adapt to provincial guidelines
- Expand understanding of the principles of documentation as means of adapting play and connecting early learners and families to their learning through play
- Session Formats
- November 6, 2020 – December 4, 2020 - Asynchronous Discussion Groups Via Canvas
- November 9, 2020 – 3:30-5:00 pm - Synchronous via Zoom
- December 4, 2020 – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm - Synchronous via Zoom
Audience: Early Learning Educators and Educational Associates in early learning settings
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact the STF (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.