Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar
School-wide improvements in student learning accrue in schools whose work cultures are collaborative. In such cultures, professionals learn to talk about the hard-to-talk-about details of learning, teaching, assessment and the cumulative effects of their work with students. Productive teams are developed, not born.
John Clarke is an experienced training associate for both Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools seminars. He facilitates programs that promote the creation and maintenance of positive and successful school cultures and the establishment of flexible and quality work environments. The Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar will include a productive, practical set of ideas and tools for developing collaborative groups in becoming effective and better equipped to resolve complex issues around student learning.
Foundation Seminar Outcomes
In the four-day Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar, participants will develop:
- An increased capacity to initiate, develop and sustain high-functioning groups.
- New lenses for diagnosing the stages and phases of group development.
- An expanded repertoire of practical facilitation tools.
- Understandings of when and how to engage groups in dialogue and discussion, the limitations, forms and values of each.
- Skills to move groups beyond consensus to common focus.
- Ways to value and use dissension, argument and conflict.
- Strategies for keeping group members on track, on topic, energized and resourceful.
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Registration Fee|
Includes GST, materials and lunch
Registration Deadline: November 23, 2017
If you register after this date, we cannot guarantee that late registrants will receive their Adaptive Schools Sourcebook on the day of the seminar.
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.