Authentic Literacy: Contexts for Powerful Instruction and Engagement
In this workshop, participants will examine effective English language arts instruction by engaging in a reflective process that allows them to explore a variety of strategies to represent their learning. Students need opportunities to explore cross-curricular content by engaging in authentic experiences. Participants will have the opportunity to plan for multiple ways of knowing, explore a variety of strategies and create varied assessment tools. Participants will explore and extend their knowledge of how to support students to become effective viewers, speakers and representers in a balanced literacy program.
- Participants will have the opportunity to plan for multiple ways of knowing, explore a variety of strategies and create varied assessment tools using cross-curricular planning.
- Participants will explore and extend their knowledge of how to support students to become effective viewers, speakers and representers in a balanced literacy program.
Participants will collaborate with others to share knowledge and create a network of support around accessing authentic, community based resources.
Grades 1-5 educators
Literacy Support Personnel
2311 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.