Beyond the Spelling List: Authentic Vocabulary Instruction for Literacy Success
Tired of spelling lists? Join us for an interactive day to explore authentic vocabulary instruction in English language arts and across all subject areas. In this workshop, teachers will experience dynamic vocabulary instruction and assessment methods. We will examine the Saskatchewan curriculum and see how vocabulary fits into comprehension and writing. Teachers will leave this day with practical tips and tools to take back to the classroom to infuse vocabulary fluidly throughout their school day.
- Explore research supporting differentiated interdisciplinary vocabulary instruction.
- Appreciate the importance of assessment strategies in moving vocabulary understanding forward.
- Increase understanding of practical strategies and tools that can be applied in various classrooms and multiple grade levels.
- Design an instructional plan to incorporate vocabulary instruction during the day.
Audience: Grades 3-8 educators
Eamer Auditorium, Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.