Bridging Religious Identities With Catholic Studies
Sponsored by Teachers of Religion and Christian Ethics (TRACE).
Welcome to a two-day workshop to work collaboratively through the aims, goals and outcomes of our new Catholic Studies curriculum. In this initial day we will work together to develop and extend our understanding of the richness and depth of the beliefs, practices, traditions and culture of the Catholic faith. Opportunities to experience and share different forms of prayer, to explore the purposeful use of scripture and the many genres of resources, and to practice the skills in planning and assessment will be embedded in this day. Participants will have opportunities to share and reflect on classroom practice and resources and to critically view the many methods of collecting samples of student’s success through multiple modes of representation. Finally educators will work collaboratively problem solve and strengthen their skills in facilitating respectful conversation about religion.
- Experience unpacking of aims, goals and outcomes of curriculum.
- Develop and extend understanding of the richness and depth of the beliefs, practices, traditions and culture in the Catholic faith.
- Experience/share different forms of prayer, purposeful use of scripture/genres.
- Practice in the skills of the planning assessment cycle.
- Critically view methods of collecting samples of student success in multiple modes.
- Strengthen skills in facilitating respectful conversations about religion.
Audience: Grades 9-12 eductators.
2160 Cameron St
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the registration cost. In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.