Building Student Writing Skills
How can teachers help students develop competence and confidence in expressing themselves through writing? Through shared writing, explicit modelling of the writing process, formative assessment, and individual conferencing, teachers can help their students develop, expand, and refine their writing skills. In this workshop, participants will experience the writer's workshop model from the perspectives of both the student and teacher, and reflect on how this approach can be used to differentiate instruction and to increase student engagement and writing success.
- Experience the writer's workshop model from the perspectives of both the student and teacher.
- Participate in formative assessment of writing and explore how it can be used to help students develop their writing skills.
- Practise using meditational questions for individual conference about writing.
- Explore ways in which this approach might be applied to different forms and purposes for writing.
Audience: Grades 6-9 English Language Arts educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.