Classroom Management: Creating a Positive Classroom Climate
Creating a positive classroom climate creates the conditions to support both student engagement and student learning. Many differing elements affect classroom climate, which makes this such a challenging task. However, there are actions that teachers can take to develop a climate in which both students and teachers can flourish. This workshop will provide an opportunity for teachers to consider their approach to creating a positive classroom climate and consider specific tools and strategies they can use.
- Explore their beliefs in respect to student behaviour and classroom climate.
- Identify the foundations of a positive classroom climate.
- Experience specific strategies to support a positive classroom climate.
- Consider what is being communicated through disruptive behaviour and how to respond in supportive ways.
- Explore a selection of intervention strategies for specific contexts.
Audience: All educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.