Comprehension Strategies in All Subject Areas
Students are faced with increasingly complex texts in every subject area. Research literature confirms the importance of explicitly teaching comprehension strategies to students to support their understanding. By explicitly teaching comprehension strategies in subject areas such as science and math, teachers can help students develop deeper understanding of these and other subject areas. This workshop will have participants experience a number of practical strategies that they can connect back to the subjects they teach.
- Explore a repertoire of research-based strategies to support comprehension strategies in all subject areas.
- Experience a number of practical comprehension strategies.
- Plan for implementing comprehension strategies within their middle years and high school classrooms.
Audience: Grades 6-12 educators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.