Comprehension Strategies in Literacy Instruction
This interactive day will focus on building strong readers and writers through the skills needed for comprehension and metacognition. It will look at the connections among curriculum, effective programming, formative assessment and a variety of comprehension strategies used when reading fiction and non-fiction to support the development of lifelong, engaged readers.
- Examine the importance of using explicit teaching of comprehension strategies.
- Analyze a variety of strategies for making meaning when reading fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Explore ways to integrate formative assessment, conferring and metacognition into reading instruction.
Audience: Grades 1-5 educators.
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.