Connecting Curriculum to Play-Based Projects in Kindergarten
A day for early learning teachers to explore the principles of early learning and early learners in kindergarten settings. By creating a network of kindergarten educators, participants will clarify their understanding in connecting children's interests, curricular outcomes and assessment within an emergent learning framework and a project-based approach.
The Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and the Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit partnered to create a workshop that would meet the needs of kindergarten teachers. The intention is to support the continued development of the vision and principles in both Children First: A Resource for Kindergarten and in the Kindergarten curriculum.
- Use a variety of planning templates that connect children's interests with curriculum and the holistic development of children.
- Develop specific skills identified by teacher participants, which may include:
- Exploring inquiry and project-based learning in emergent curriculum.
- Creating the learning environment.
- Supporting conversations and questioning with children.
- Using technology to document learning.
- Honouring home, family, culture and community.
- Create networks of support for kindergarten educators.
Audience: Kindergarten educators and school- and division-based leaders.
Hosted by Lloydminster Public School Division
**Only 5 spots available
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.