Connecting Curriculum to Play-Based Projects in Kindergarten
A day for early learning teachers to explore the principles of early learning and early learners in kindergarten settings. By creating a network of kindergarten educators, participants will clarify their understanding in connecting children's interests, curricular outcomes and assessment within an emergent learning framework and a project-based approach.
The Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and the Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit partnered to create a workshop that would meet the needs of kindergarten teachers. The intention is to support the continued development of the vision and principles in both Children First: A Resource for Kindergarten and in the Kindergarten curriculum.
- Use a variety of planning templates that connect children's interests with curriculum and the holistic development of children.
- Develop specific skills identified by teacher participants, which may include:
- Exploring inquiry and project-based learning in emergent curriculum.
- Creating the learning environment.
- Supporting conversations and questioning with children.
- Using technology to document learning.
- Honouring home, family, culture and community.
- Create networks of support for kindergarten educators.
Audience: Kindergarten educators and school- and division-based leaders.
2311 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.