Cracking the Code: Building Skills for Literacy Success
This interactive day will focus on building strong readers through the skills needed for fluency, making meaning and decoding. It will look at the connections between curriculum, effective programming, cues and conventions, oral language and formative assessment. During this day, participants will explore the strategies for assessment and instruction at a symbol, word, sentence and text level.
- Build understanding about the important components in decoding and making meaning.
- Explore ways to integrate the curricular cues and conventions into reading instruction.
- Examine methods of formative assessment such as self-monitoring and running records.
Audience: Grades 1-5 educators.
2311 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.