Cracking the Code: Building Skills for Successful Readers
This interactive session will focus on building strong readers through the skills needed for decoding, fluency, and phonological awareness. It will look at the connections between curriculum, effective programming, cues and conventions, oral language and formative assessment.
- Discover the important components in decoding for improved fluency and understanding.
- Explore ways to integrate the curricular cues and conventions into reading instruction.
- Examine methods of formative assessment such as self-monitoring and running records.
Audience: Grades 1-5 educators
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact the STF (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.