Cultural Perspectives in Science
Science is an opportunity for both teachers and students to experience why and how they know their world. Extend your understanding of cultural perspectives in science by exploring and gathering practical strategies for developing scientifically literate students who appreciate world views and belief systems fundamental to science and Indigenous knowledge.
- Recognize and respect knowledge systems that various cultures have developed to know the natural world.
- Recognize that science has developed within Euro-Canadian culture.
- Analyze curriculum with a worldview lens.
- Plan for practical infusion of culture-based knowledge.
Audience: Grades 6-12 science educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.