Developing Self-Regulation to Maximize Well-Being and Engagement in Learning
Why do children often have difficulty engaging in learning? Many children are unable to identify their emotions and self-regulate. This workshop is designed to inspire educators to create an environment and incorporate practices that will guide children to identify emotions, self-regulate and be more mindful in the classroom.
- Gain an understanding of the continuum of social-emotional development and its relationship to self-regulation in young children.
- Explore ways to create a supportive, trusting classroom environment which supports children in developing self-awareness and regulation skills.
- Experience specific strategies and processes which can be embedded in daily practice and linked to curriculum outcomes.
Early Childhood Educators
PreK to Grade 3 Teachers
School Teams: Administrators, Student Support Teachers, School Counsellors, Educational Assistants, Occupational Therapists
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.