Early Learning With Block Play – Numeracy, Science, Literacy and So Much More!
This is a one-day workshop for early learning educators from prekindergarten, kindergarten and Grade 1 to work collaboratively to discover and deepen their understandings around the many foundational skills that children develop during block play. Through concrete, hands-on activities, participants will experience and examine the many connections between block play and curricular outcomes, and the current research on the topic. Participants will have opportunity for reflection on their current practice, planning for block play and for creating a network of support.
- Explore current research on block play in different domains.
- Organize and plan for curricular outcomes as they are embedded in block play.
- Create invitations with block play to encourage conceptual understandings.
- Explore documentation and data collection during block play.
- Share with others and create networks of support in your field.
Audience: Prekindergarten, kindergarten and Grade 1 teachers, school- and division-based leaders
509 Pioneer Avenue
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.