Early Learning With Block Play – Numeracy, Science, Literacy and So Much More! (FULL)
This is a one-day workshop for early learning educators from prekindergarten, kindergarten and Grade 1 to work collaboratively to discover and deepen their understandings around the many foundational skills that children develop during block play. Through concrete, hands-on activities, participants will experience and examine the many connections between block play and curricular outcomes, and the current research on the topic. Participants will have opportunity for reflection on their current practice, planning for block play and for creating a network of support.
- Explore current research on block play in different domains.
- Organize and plan for curricular outcomes as they are embedded in block play.
- Create invitations with block play to encourage conceptual understandings.
- Explore documentation and data collection during block play.
- Share with others and create networks of support in your field.
Audience: Prekindergarten, kindergarten and Grade 1 teachers, school- and division-based leaders.
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the registration cost. In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.