Embody Peace: Pathways to Wellness in Education
This workshop is offered by Vinyasa Yoga for Youth.
The workshop is a good fit for:
- Anyone who is currently working with youth (ages 3-18), who wants to experience yoga and mindfulness but possibly unsure of how to get started in the educational settings or educators who feel their own self-care is an important part of their day-to-day life.
You can expect to:
- Learn how the wellness practices of yoga and mindfulness can be embodied and benefit a community of educators and youth.
- Experience yoga and mindfulness to cultivate self-care practices.
- Learn direct ways to share yoga and mindfulness with youth to promote personal wellness and strengthen relationships.
Participants please bring a notebook and pen, water bottle, yoga mat (not required) and wear comfortable clothing.
Curriculum connections have been identified for health education and can be expanded to include every grade level and almost all subjects.
- Health education.
- Assessing stress management.
- Personal identity and personal well-being.
- Holistic well-being through harmonious relationship with self, family and community.
- Self-regulation and responsibility.
**Sustainability of health and well-being for educators (we have had strong interest in this area from teachers around the province working in both rural and urban schools).
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Registration deadline to avoid cancellation: August 10
* Includes GST and lunch.
***Please note: This offering is a pilot project and the fees have been subsidized by the Here To Be Lululemon Initiative.
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.