Facilitator Series - Embedding Formative Assessment Into Professional Learning
Just as in classrooms, embedding formative assessment within professional learning is key to understanding learners. This understanding allows facilitators to respond and differentiate the learning experience and allows participants to own their own learning. Setting clear learning outcomes, developing processes for gathering and interpreting evidence of learning, and giving quality feedback are the main components for the day.
A quality facilitator:
- Sets clear learning outcomes and challenges participants to set their own learning goals relative to those outcomes.
- Checks for individual and group understanding through facilitation processes that expose learner thinking.
- Gives and receives feedback for professional growth.
- Opens a space for adults to own and reflect on their learning.
- Understand formative assessment through the work of Wiliam, Davies and Hatti.
- Apply formative assessment strategies to planning for adult learners.
- Learn to engineer assessment processes within a framework of Guskey’s five levels of professional learning evaluation.
Audience: Professional learning leaders/facilitators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.