Facilitator Series - Facilitations to Maximize Learner Engagement
This day will move beyond a foundational understanding of planning professional learning. Facilitators will learn to use technology and other thinking devices, including questioning to encourage critical thinking, as well as stories, pictures and other media as metaphors to extend thinking. Understanding and implementing culturally responsive pedagogy will also be included.
A quality facilitator:
- Utilizes media and technology to engage learners.
- Is able to use stories, pictures and other media as metaphors to extend learner thinking.
- Asks thought-provoking questions to cause reflection and growth.
- Embodies culturally responsive pedagogy within facilitations and coaching.
- Reflect on powerful professional learning practices.
- Determine facilitator actions that create a sense of community.
- Investigate media that enhances adult learner engagement.
Audience: Professional learning leaders and facilitators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.