Facilitator Series - Unearthing and Responding to Barriers to Adult Learner Participation
In our roles as facilitators of adult learning, it is sometimes daunting to have participants who have barriers that prevent them from engaging in a learning experience. This day will have participants examine ways to both identify and then respond to colleagues in a way that builds relationships, trust and ultimately allows colleagues to actively engage in learning. Specific facilitation tactics and skills related to differentiating adult learning in order to convert negative energy to a positive experience for learners will be explored.
- Construct an understanding of culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Develop strategies for creating a safe, professional community.
- Understand potential barriers to adult learning and possible responses that invite colleagues into the learning.
Learn to match learning and leadership styles with facilitation strategies.
Audience: Professional learner leaders and facilitators.
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.