Growing Inquiring Minds in Science - CANCELLED
We know we want our science students to extend their learning beyond what we can directly teach them. We want our students to experience being scientists and doing science, crawling up Bloom’s taxonomy rather than simply learning about science, but how do we get them there? This workshop will explore processes to move towards an inquiry stance within student-directed learning and beyond.
- Learn to teach students how to develop questions and skills needed for authentic inquiry.
- Use Bloom’s taxonomy as a framework for moving students to deeper levels of thinking.
- Explore assessment practices.
- Identify and access technology tools that aid student collaboration, data gathering and sharing of knowledge.
Audience: Grades 6-12 science educators.
2311 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.