Instructional Leadership for Principals – Teacher Growth and Support (formerly known as Formative Assessment for Teacher Growth and Support)
This workshop is one of a series supporting instructional leadership and will focus on the principal as a leader for teacher growth and support using formative assessment strategies. Although formative assessment is often viewed as a classroom strategy for supporting students, the elements of formative assessment support principals in providing feedback and “feed forward” for teachers. Providing in-class specific and timely feedback creates opportunities for coaching and growth.
- Examine the role, purposes and needs of a leader for teacher growth and support.
- Construct a deeper understanding of teacher growth.
- Analyze formative assessment as a tool for teacher support.
- Relate teacher growth to student success.
Audience: Principals, vice-principals and division-level leaders
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.