Instructional Leadership - Using Formative Assessment to Support Your Teachers
This workshop will focus on the principal as a leader for teacher support using formative assessment strategies. Although formative assessment is often viewed as a classroom strategy for supporting students, the elements of formative assessment can be a powerful tool as they provide feedback and “feed forward” for teachers, which creates opportunities for coaching and growth.
- Examine the role, purposes and needs of a leader for teacher growth and support.
- Construct a deeper understanding of teacher growth.
- Analyze formative assessment as a tool for teacher support.
- Relate teacher growth to student success.
Audience: Principals, vice principals and division-level leaders.
Dominic Place - Board Room, Holy Family RCSSD #140
103 - 433 4th Street NE
|Fee Type||Non-Member Early Bird||Non-Member Standard||Non-Member Late||Member|
|Non-Member Early Bird||$130.00|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Featured Event: Instructional Leadership: Using Formative Assessment to Support Your Teachers is a primary focus for the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation and as a result this workshop is being offered to members free of charge. Please register early as seating is limited.
Registration fees above are for non-members only, and are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.