Let's Talk: Supporting Diverse Language Learners in the Early Years
Let’s Talk! This interactive workshop, focused on language diverse learners, offers opportunities for educators to develop deeper understanding of early childhood language development and strategies to support language growth within the structures and routines of an early years’ classroom. This day will also offer practical authentic methods to intervene and support language development for diverse early learners and their families. Through hands-on and reflective processes educators will examine their role in the language diverse early learning classroom and opportunities to create implementation plans and networks of support.
- Explore typical language development stages, development through language one to support language two and language development on the spectrum
- Examine how language needs can be intentionally supported through the structures and supports embedded in the early learning environment
- Examine their role as facilitators of language development and growth
- Participants will explore ways to authentically connect and partner with families and to offer support and access to resources and professionals when needed
Audience: Early childhood educators; PreK to Grade 2 teachers and their school teams: administrators, student support teachers, educational assistants
St. Walburg, Saskatchewan
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.