Literacy Series: Comprehension Strategies for Literacy Success
This workshop is one in a series of three examining Planning for Literacy Success. Participants are welcome to attend this day alone or as part of the series. This interactive day will focus on building strong readers through the skills needed for comprehension and metacognition. It will look at the connections among curriculum, effective programming, formative assessment and a variety of comprehension strategies used when reading fiction and non-fiction.
- Examine the importance of using explicit teaching of comprehension strategies.
- Analyze a variety of strategies for making meaning when reading fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Explore ways to integrate formative assessment, conferring and metacognition into reading instruction.
Audience: Grades 1-5 educators
2160 Cameron St
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.