Nonviolent Crisis Intervention 1
Learn to prevent and/or navigate difficult situations with a proactive approach that aligns with PBIS and trauma-informed care initiatives. Learn why challenging behaviours occur and when to use specific interventions.
- Identify stages of crisis development and choose an appropriate intervention for each level of behaviour.
- Practice a range of nonphysical approaches that can be implemented to prevent or reduce the likelihood of challenging, aggressive and violent behaviour.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to risk behaviour using nonverbal and verbal approaches appropriate to the person, situation and level of risk while adhering to physical distancing protocols.
Audience: General education teachers, special education teachers, behaviour interventionists and administrators.
Instructions: Participants must complete online modules through the Crisis Prevention Institute before attending. Access and instructions will be emailed 2 weeks prior to the classroom session.
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact the STF (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.