Nonviolent Crisis Intervention 1 - POSTPONED
Learn to prevent and/or navigate difficult situations with a proactive approach that aligns with PBIS and trauma-informed care initiatives. Educators across North America and the world use skills taught in this course to build their prevention and de-escalation skills. With training, staff gain a better understanding of why challenging behaviours occur and when to use specific interventions.
Participants must complete online modules before attending.
- Identify stages of crisis development and choose an appropriate intervention for each level of behaviour.
- List a range of nonphysical approaches that can be implemented to prevent or reduce the likelihood of challenging, aggressive and violent behaviour.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to risk behaviour using nonverbal, verbal and physical approaches appropriate to the person, situation and level of risk.
Audience: General education teachers, special education teachers, behaviour interventionists and administrators.
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.