Number Talks and Beyond: Building Math Communities Through Classroom Conversation
Classroom discussion is a powerful tool for supporting student communication sense making and mathematical understanding. Curating productive math talk communities required teachers to plan for and recognize opportunities in the live action of teaching. Come experience a variety of classroom numeracy routines including number talks, counting circles, quick images and more. Take math conversations to the next level by strengthening your skills as a facilitator of classroom discourse and student thinking.
- See practical ways to prepare for intentional math talk in your classroom.
- Enact the strategies from the students' point of view.
- Think critically and reflectively about where strategies fit with your learners.
Audience: Grades 1-10 mathematics educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.