Physical Literacy: Fundamental Skills to Enhance Learning
Are you interested in harnessing your students’ natural desire to learn through movement and play? Physical education is much more than just fitness and sports skills. Join us for an interactive practical day of learning in partnership with other educators to create a learning environment inclusive for all. Learn how to help students become physically literate citizens with strong fundamental spiritual, emotional, cognitive and physical skills, for the benefit of themselves and others.
- Experience fundamental movement skills activities to increase understanding of the role physical education plays in the development of the whole child: cognitive, social-emotional, physical, and spiritual.
- Explore activities focused on developing a learning environment that is welcoming, inclusive and safe.
- Experience embedded culturally relevant practices through the lens of physical literacy.
- Explore curriculum planning and assessment tools to support students through differentiation and responsive instruction.
Audience: K-8 educators, administrators
3103 52 Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.