Physical Literacy: How Movement Improves Learning and Emotional Well-Being
Are you looking for ways to improve student learning in all subject areas? Movement can be the answer, because it is not just gym anymore. In this workshop participants will actively explore the latest instructional models, tools, resources and assessment strategies as they relate to physical literacy and quality physical education programming. Teachers will have opportunities to participate in activities and discussions to make meaningful connections between physical literacy, cross-curricular achievement and development of the whole child. Children are not fully literate until they are physically literate!
- Actively explore the definition of physical literacy and its cross-curricular connections.
- Experience powerful instructional strategies to meet the goals of the curriculum and promote the wellness of the whole child.
- Have opportunities actively experience different models of instruction and best practice.
- Have opportunities for purposeful planning for responsive instruction with access to effective assessment strategies to move learning forward.
- Gain understanding of the critical links between equipment, resources and instruction, and confidence in their implementation.
Audience: K-8 educators and administrators.
3035 Preston Ave S
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend at half the applicable registration cost. If interested, please have your administrator email email@example.com or call 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.