How can teachers help students experience success with the forms of writing required by the curriculum at each grade level? This workshop will support teachers in developing their understanding of the modes and genres of writing, as well as the text structures that characterize them. Teachers will also learn how to plan for instruction of required forms of writing using a step-by-step process and framework that addresses formative assessment, co-construction of criteria, and the stages of the writing process.
- Explore the use of mentor texts to teach the four modes of writing.
- Identify and connect text structures to modes of writing.
- Experience a structured instructional planning process and participate in the development of shared plans for the instruction of writing for different purposes.
Audience: Grades 3-9 ELA Educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.