How can teachers help students experience success with the forms of writing required by the curriculum at each grade level? This workshop will support teachers in developing their understanding of the modes and genres of writing, as well as the text structures that characterize them. Teachers will also learn how to plan for instruction of required forms of writing using a step-by-step process and framework that addresses formative assessment, co-construction of criteria, and the stages of the writing process.
- Explore the use of mentor texts to teach the four modes of writing.
- Identify and connect text structures to modes of writing.
- Experience a structured instructional planning process and participate in the development of shared plans for the instruction of writing for different purposes.
Audience: Grades 3-9 ELA Educators
2317 Arlington Avene
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.