This workshop is offered by the University of Regina and CoachingConfidential Inc.
What is resilience? Resilience is ability to stay focused, flexible, energized, and optimistic that we can overcome the challenges, and take advantage of the opportunities that come our way – both at work and in our lives at large.
Our research has identified 7 factors, or inner strengths, that combine to form resilience:
- Emotion Regulation – The ability to keep emotions in check and remain goalfocused.
- Impulse Control – The ability to keep behavior in check and remain goalfocused.
- Causal Analysis – The ability to accurately determine root cause and use resources wisely.
- Self-efficacy – The confidence to handle challenges and opportunities that arise.
- Empathy – The ability to identify the emotional state of others – and of oneself.
- Realistic Optimism – The belief in and hope for a reasonably bright future.
- Reaching Out – The ability and desire to seek out new challenges and opportunities.
Audience: School administrators, teachers, board members, support staff
Facilitator: Greg Wensel
Greg is Coach, Educator, Human Resource Leader, Manager, Business Ethicist, advocate of Corporate Social Responsibility, with formal education at the post graduate level, plus training and experience in Resilience, Emotional Intelligence, Performance Management, Balanced Scorecard, Compensation & Benefits, Organizational Development, and Elements Related to Change and Leadership; in addition forty years plus experience in dealing with business, education, government, unions and public forums.
He is an Adjunct Professor in the Levene Graduate School at the University of Regina, he also teaches in the Hill Business School. He has a Bachelor of Education Degree from the University of Regina, a Master of Educational Administration, from the University of Saskatchewan, plus a Graduate Certificate in Strategic HR from Harvard Business School.
Greg considers the Resilience Workshop, and the Emotional Intelligence Workshop as the two most beneficial educational experiences he has been able to provide. He is a Certified Executive Coach, and has provided workshops in DISC, Meyers Briggs, Coaching, Appreciative Inquiry, Leadership Styles, and Influencing Strategies. He owns and operates “CoachingConfidential Inc.”, where he provides HR Consulting, Balanced Scorecard implementation, Recruitment, Facilitation, and Executive Coaching for clients.
|Fee Type||Until September 1||After September 1||Groups of two or more|
|Until September 1||$500.00|
|After September 1||$600.00|
|Groups of two or more||$400.00|