Responding to Children's Interests
Based on a foundation of the vision and principles in Play and Exploration: Early Learning Program Guide, Responding to Children’s Interests will provide educators with opportunities to explore classroom practices to spark student interest and to build projects around invitations and play. This workshop was originally co-created by the Early Years Branch of the Ministry of Education and the Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit. This two-day workshop provides an in-person learning experience supported by distance coaching for early childhood educators as participants engage in their own class projects. You can see past projects that have been created and shared through this opportunity on the Responding to Children's Interests page.
- Build understanding about emergent curriculum for young children.
- Explore the environment as the third teacher.
- Strengthen educators’ capacity to observe, listen, document and reflect in order to support and scaffold learning.
- Respond to children’s interests and develop a project experience with children, which may be shared on the Responding to Children's Interests page.
Audience: Early learning educators who have already attended Phases I and II of Play and Exploration or have comparable learning and experience working in early learning settings. Participants are encouraged to attend as a team of two individuals from the same learning setting.
Hosted by Lloydminster Public School Division
5017 46 Street
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the registration cost. In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.